Setting up a blog. Not quite sure why.
FB is irritating to me lately in the way they disseminate stuff I don't think the world needs to know about me. Thinking about dropping out of that. Plus I am not a thirty something that feels the need to talk about everything. And Twitter, well, I just don't get it.
I have never kept a diary or journal and that is something I have regretted over time. But not regretted it enough to start one...until now...maybe this is a journal. I don't know what it will be yet.
I have learned that when things nag at you there is a reason and you should pay attention. Even if I have a fleeting thought just before I embark on something, it is best not to ignore it. Like if I am packing for a trip and I wonder about taking a jacket. I dont take the jacket. Then I freeze at my destination because I didn't pack it. That happens over and over. Passing thoughts--not so insignificant--so this is has been nagging at me, this need to write stuff down.
I am hoping this endeavor is made simple on a computer. Whether I acknowledge it not, I spend a lot of time "connected"--laptop, ipad, iphone. Crazy for an old lady like me, but true. Choosing a format of the blog is contrary in light of the fact that when I was 10 and kept a diary I hid it so no one would read it. I never gave in to keeping a journal because what would they think when they read it and I was dead and gone. Here I am, now, potentially allowing the world to share. Yikes!
So let's see where this goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment